In practically every industry in the world, ventilation is an essential part of the installation or production line. This is why you find applications from Norwegian-Polish HVAC specialist Nyborg-Mawent in operation all over the world and often under challenging conditions.
Their centrifugal and axial fans operate in various surroundings such as aluminum plants in Russia, offshore platforms in Norway, mines in Ecuador, ships sailing from the North Sea to South Africa, Polish power plants, woodworking factories, food and many other industries.
With over 60 years of experience, Nyborg-Mawent have become experts in the design, construction and production of solutions for transporting air, gas mixtures and other substances. This is reflected in their customer’s expectations in terms of quality, product performance, reliability and social responsibility.
– Our products are expected to perform above average when it comes to durability and reliability. By carefully selecting all fan components, we guarantee a long-term and trouble-free operation. Therefore, our suppliers’ experiences and insights are also of significant importance to us. For many years, Hoyer Motors has been a reliable partner for us in the supply of electric motors. Together, we have completed numerous ambitious projects, says Małgorzata Cacała, Sales & Marketing Department Manager at Nyborg-Mawent.
Experts in extreme conditions.
Many Nyborg-Mawent fans are manufactured to operate in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX) as well as high-temperature zones. The electric motors is an integral part of each fan and must be specified according to the conditions defined for the given installation.
The fans are as standard rated to work in an ambient temperature range of -20°C to 40°C and with medium temperatures from -10°C to 80°C. But with additional technical modifications the fans can handle air and gasses with temperatures of up to 750°C. In these cases, the motors are equipped with heat resistant bearings, special sealings and other customised features. In order to appropriately monitor the fan’s operation, the electric motors are often equipped with PT-100 bearing temperature sensors or PTC winding sensors, In special cases vibration sensors are also mounted on the motor base frame or housing.
Another significant market for Nyborg-Mawent is the marine industry, where fans and motors are often challenged by harsh environments and fluctuating ambient temperatures. To avoid corrosion issues and guarantee flawless operation it is essential that products meet the special marine requirements.
Customised solutions drive product innovation
Ventilation is rarely a standard task. In each installation the fan and motor must be adapted to the application’s individual needs e.g., the required amount of flowing air, ventilation tracks, noise emissions and energy efficiency of the complete system.
Benefitting from their engineers’ knowledge and experience, Nyborg-Mawent can usually match standard products with the customer’s requirements. When this is not possible, they modify existing products or develop completely new designs. This is always done in close cooperation with Hoyer Motors to ensure the right motor specification as well as fast and correct response to the customer demands.
Continuous investments in design and research development enables Nyborg-Mawent to create innovative solutions. The development of their product portfolio is often driven by introduction of new series based on market insight and demand.
– Both Nyborg-Mawent and Hoyer Motors focus on quality and professionalism in the daily work. The trust clients have in us is our greatest motivation for approaching news project with effort and commitment. Maintaining the highest quality of products and taking on a social responsibility is a priority for us and we trust that it will strengthen our strong position in the international ventilation market, says Małgorzata Cacała.
Facts about Nyborg Mawent:
- Operating since 1956
- 160 employees
- Inhouse implementation and measurement laboratory
- Using ISO and other quality management systems
- After a merger, the NYBORG GROUP was created in 2010. It include: Nyborg AS (Norway), Nyborg-MAWENT S.A. (Poland) and NMDO Design Office (Poland)
- Cooperation with Hoyer Motors since 2010